We always protect our clients’ interests! Tampa Attorney with legal Expertise
We are a local attorney with office in Tampa Bay, Florida. Call us for your next legal Consultation.Sonya C. Colon began her work towards her law degree while her husband was stationed in Seattle, Washington and deployed to Iraq. She completed her coursework upon their arrival in Tampa and her practice opened in early 2008. She prides herself on using her skills and knowledge to help people in challenging circumstances. She appreciates the opportunity to help her clients find security and direction in all areas of their lives. In today’s economy, she will make accommodations based on your individual situation so that you can afford an attorney to help and guide you. Sonya takes great pride in her work and is dedicated to helping all her clients through these stressful time and uncertain times. Sonya C. Colon will give you her unwavering time, support and attention as you go through this transition in your life, family structure and finances.
Practice areas: divorce, paternity, child support, time sharing, domestic violence, mediation, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy.
Admitted to practice since 2007 in Florida, admitted in U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida.
EDUCATION: Seattle University School of Law (J.D. 2006), Stetson University College of Law, (visiting student); New York City College of Technology, (Bachelor Degree in Legal Studies, 1998)
Memberships: The Florida Bar, Inns of Court, Family Readiness Group (FRG-support for families of soldiers), and The International Women’s Leadership Association.
Legal Areas of Practice
A quality attorney is a valuable asset for those in the Tampa Bay area seeking legal recourses. No matter if you need an attorney for family law, probate law, bankruptcy, or real estate, Sonya C. Colon Esq. of Carrollwood Law offers top notch services in all of those areas.
Tampa Family Law
Family law issues can be a trifling experience at all levels, especially if you don’t have the right attorney behind you. We offer services, including:
- Child custody
- Child support
- Legal separation
- Property distribution
- Domestic violence injunctions
Sonya Colon and her team can help make all of these things easier, ensuring that you get the maximum benefit out of the experience with minimal grief. A poorly handled family law situation can make the situation that much worse for all parties involved, including children.
Tampa Probate Law
Family law isn’t the only problematic experience – probate law can be difficult for a variety of its own reasons. We offer services in the areas of:
- Living wills
- Power of attorney
- Probate and estate administration
- Advance directives
- Estate planning
Even if this seems like something that you don’t have to worry about for years yet, the problems that these kinds of dealing seek to prepare you for can really sneak up on you!
Tampa Bankruptcy Services
When your business hits some rocky roads, we provide the help you need to keep the bankruptcy process from ruining you. We offer both Chapter 7 assistance and Chapter 13 assistance. No matter what you need, just remember – there is nothing to be ashamed of. The best business owner can find themselves trapped, and it isn’t the end of the world.
Tampa Real Estate Legal Services
Home buying and selling can be a complicated process, especially with how the economy has gotten. More and more, people need a little bit of help to the process. Tampa Bay residents can experience our services, such as:
- Lady Bird Deeds
- Seller financing expertise
- Title insurance
- Selling your home
- Transfer property
We hope that with our assistance, both buyers and sellers can feel comfortably that they are getting the best outcome possible.
If you have any questions about our services, please contact us!
- Are you considering bankruptcy in Florida? Is Bankruptcy right for you? Call to speak with an attorney to learn if bankruptcy is right for you!>>>
Our Tampa Attorney
- 1SONYA C. COLON, ESQUIRE Sonya C. Colon was born in Brooklyn, New York, shortly after her family immigrated to the United States from Russia. Her husband Richard Colon is a Sergeant First Class on active duty with the United States Army and is due to retire in 2015. Sonya C. Colon is a proud other of two daughters, Jessica and Gabriella. Both daughters are sometimes found at the law office to help. Jessica plans on going to law school after her Bachelorette Degree from University of South Florida. After legal training and experience in New York City and Seattle, Washington, Sonya C. Colon settled in Tampa, Florida and opened her Family Law and Bankruptcy practice. Due to military service, Sonya C. Colon closed the doors to her practice, but has now reopened her practice.Sonya C. Colon started her legal career as a Legal Assistant and obtained her Bachelorette Degree in Legal Studies. She worked as a paralegal for ten years in New York City, and a Legal Coordinator in Seattle Washington. Sonya C. Colon recognized her ability to help others and decided to become an attorney so that she could help others more effectively and efficiently. The skills, knowledge and management abilities she acquired as a paralegal has been passed on to her own practice and as a lawyer.
- 2GERALD H. STEAD, ESQ. Gerald H. Stead was born in Sarasota, Florida. He graduated from Hillsborough High School and then attended University of Tampa where he received his BS degree. He then attended Univeristy of Miami Law School, where he obtained his law degree.
Gerald has been married to his lovely wife, Marcia Stead for 51 years and they have three handsome sons, Greg, Glenn and Gary. Glenn and Gary are twins. They have one beautiful granddaughter, Savannah who belongs to Gary and his wife, Melissa Stead.
Gerald and his family enjoy spending weekends at their second home on Little Gasparilla Island in Placida, Florida. He enjoys fishing, diving and hunting and loves spending time in his 127 acre orange grove in Polk County, Florida. Gerald has been practicing law for 48 years and is very proud of his law firm.
Free Legal Consultation
Free Legal Consultation
The office of Sonya C. Colon is conveniently located on Fletcher, off I-275 and her hours are flexible to meet your needs.
Contact Sonya C. Colon at 813-969-0331